One Team... One Goal... Patient Comes First
NNUH provides services to patients from the northern governorates and the Gaza Strip. The medical services include treatment for kidney diseases, tumors, heart and cardiac surgery, internal medicine, general and specialized surgeries, and emergency medicine.
NNUH aspires to become a fully fledged medical centre and the preferred destination for patients and healthcare professionals in Palestine.
NNUH was established to be the first academic medical centre in Palestine aimed at enhancing the quality and excellence in healthcare services, supporting education in health fields, and advancing scientific research.
The Stages of Establishing NNUH
The Establishment of An-Najah National University Hospital
The Expansion of Surgical Services
Advancements in the Oncology Department
The Institute for Education and Clinical Training & the Clinical Research Centre
The Joint Commission International Accreditation for Healthcare Quality Services
The hospital has achieved the distinction of being the first Palestinian academic medical center accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI) for Healthcare Quality Services. This accreditation was granted based on the hospital's commitment to the JCI's assessment standards, which primarily focus on three main aspects:
- The first aspect pertains to the direct care and safety of patients.
- The second aspect centers around the hospital's administrative system.
- The third aspect involves standards for student training and development, in addition to scientific research.
The University's Centre for Kidney and Urology Surgery
Kidney Disease Treatment Centre
The set of principles adopted by NNUH
- We welcome new ideas and approaches
- We promote the idea of change for the better
- We support scientific research
- We contribute to staff training
- We care for you and your health (Patient comes First)
- We deal with everyone gently
- We support each other
- We respect the privacy and dignity of others
- We take responsibility for collective performance
- We take responsibility for individual performance
- We strive to optimize the use of our resources
- We support transparency in our work
- We deal with everyone fairly
- We respect the individuality of each person
- We do not tolerate inappropriate behavior
- We actively listen to others